Plenty Road Upgrade
We’re about to start road works between McKimmies Road and Bush Boulevard as part of the $139.4 million project to upgrade Plenty Road.
Major works start 14 March 2018. The Plenty Road Upgrade will improve traffic flow, safety, and access to jobs, local schools, shops and parklands.
What are we doing?
First, we’ll install secure fences around our worksite to keep workers and the community safe while we upgrade intersections, build extra lanes and create dedicated walking and cycling paths.
Once we’ve set up the fences, we’ll get started on:
- ground surveying, geotechnical studies and soil testing
- relocating telecommunications, gas, fuel, electricity, sewer and water services so they’re not impacted during construction
- preparing the ground to begin building lanes
- installing drainage
- building retaining walls (to hold back earth)
- laying crushed rock
- building new kerbs and road
- laying the road surface and line marking.
View PDF below for more information.