Mernda Rail Extension Update
We have a big year ahead as construction of the Mernda
Rail Extension continues. In this update we take a look
at the next stage of work as we start to lay rail tracks
along the corridor.
Snapshot: December to February
Over the past few months we have:
• started construction of station and shared pedestrian underpass
structures at Marymede
• completed the first section of the track foundations
in the stabling yard at Mernda
• logged more than 1 million hours of labour
on the project as of the end of January
• started installing station canopy
structures at Mernda and
• started installation of the rail
• started the second stage of the
excavation works and the bridge structure
for the Plenty Road rail underpass
• completed installing the concrete sections for the
rail overpasses at Hawkstowe and Mernda stations.
For all updates on changes in your local area relating to the Mernda
Rail Extension Project, please visit levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/merndarail
View PDF below for more information.