Monitor To Be Appointed To City Of Whittlesea
The Andrews Labor Government will appoint a monitor to examine the governance and operations of City of Whittlesea.
Minister for Local Government Adem Somyurek made the announcement today following a request by the Chief Municipal Inspector, who is undertaking an investigation into the council.
The monitor will assess the council’s current processes and policies in relation to:
- the appointment of the council’s new Chief Executive Officer
- councillor interaction with council staff
- the maintenance of a safe workplace
- the handling of confidential information
- the effective delivery of services to the Whittlesea community
- council decision making.
The Monitor will also work with the Council to ensure sound and effective governance in light of the instability in senior management over the past three years.
An announcement appointing an individual to the position will be made shortly.