|Sport and recreation organisations helping Victorians get involved in regular activity have received a major boost through funding allocated under the Andrews Labor Government’s Together More Active program.
Minister for Tourism, Sport and Major Events Martin Pakula today confirmed that 79 organisations would share in more than $6.3 million in the latest round of Together More Active grants.
The Labor Government is creating a level playing field in sport and recreation by making it easier for everyone, regardless of background or circumstances, to improve their health and wellbeing.
The Together More Active grants help sports do more for their members and communities by boosting organisational capacity and sustainability and creating greater participation opportunities, equity, diversity and inclusiveness.
The 79 organisations will roll out 147 projects across 13 themes including disability, workforce development, diversity and inclusion, Indigenous pathways, governance and leadership, and safety and integrity.
Successful recipients include:
- Basketball Victoria to increase Indigenous participation opportunities and the capacity of local communities to deliver basketball programs
- Wimmera Regional Sports Assembly to further develop its workforce through the Female Leadership Program
- Cricket Victoria to further develop its LGBTIQ ‘Proud Cricket’ framework for clubs with Proud2Play and to harness the profile of the Melbourne Stars and Melbourne Renegades to drive multicultural participation
- Golf Victoria to adapt national participation programs Get into Golf and My Golf in order to increase participation of Victorians with disability in golf
- Centre for Multicultural Youth Women’s Sports Hub project to create a safe space for girls and women aged 15 to 30 from migrant and refugee backgrounds living in the cities of Greater Dandenong and Casey.
To date, Together More Active has supported 109 organisations with a total of $18 million invested into programs that encourage a more active and inclusive Victoria.
For a list of projects supported through Together More Active, visit sport.vic.gov.au.